Lawn Starter Mulch
Consider this our no-fuss companion to seed. Encap’s Lawn Starter Mulch solves all the woes of typical straw or paper mulches. It’s easy to apply with any spreader or straight from the pouch. It doesn’t carry weed seeds and never blocks essential sunlight, water or nutrients. We use an innovative granular mulch with starter fertilizer to help your seeds establish as nature intended. Simply. Bountifully. Beautifully.
- Contains mulch & starter fertilizer
- Applies quickly with any spreader
- Works directly with the soil to enhance germination
- Safe for people & pets
Coverage: Up to 1,000 sq. ft.
- Remove brown dead grass and loosen the top 2-3 inches of soil; apply when there is no danger of frost and the soil continuously maintains a temperature above 60º F (15.5° C)
- Evenly apply Lawn Starter Mulch over the top of seed
- Water and watch for SWT® sparkles to appear
- Do not apply pre-emergent herbicides 3 weeks before or after planting grass
Frequent watering helps to speed the repair process along. Watering helps in grass seed germination and the flushing of excess nitrogen caused by pet urine. Newly germinated grass seedlings enjoy the frequent watering as well!
- Remember, follow SWT® guidelines to maximize establishment and growth
- It is best to water newly planted seeds with a sprinkler
- Typically water up to 20 minutes twice daily for the first 2-3 weeks
|Broadcast||Agway® TBS 4500 PAG||10 (2 pass)|
|Broadcast||Agway® TBS 7000||10|
|Broadcast||Earthway® 2030 PI||30|
|Broadcast||Lesco® Commercial Plus||30|
|Broadcast||Spyker® 298||9 (2 pass)|
|Broadcast||Scotts® Speedygreen 2000||18 (2 pass)|
|Broadcast||Scotts® Pro Edgeguard||15|
|Broadcast||Scotts® Lawn Pro||15|
Spreader settings are guidelines. Actual setting may vary.